¹Ú³ë°æ µµ¿¹Àü
Àå¼Ò : Center Galery in the Kingston Gallery
³¯Â¥ : 2006-02-08 (¼ö) 15:17 Á¶È¸ : 2100
±â°£ : 2006. 01. 31(È­) ~ 2006. 02. 25(Åä)

<Ç÷¯½º Á¤º¸ ¼­ºñ½º>

¹Ú³ë°æ µµ¿¹Àü

Continuum – Female & Line

2006³â 1¿ù 31ÀÏ ~ 2¿ù 25ÀÏ 

Center Gallery in the Kingston Gallery
(450 Harrison Avenue #43 Boston, MA 02118 Tel:  617. 423. 4113)

www.kingstongallery.com

Gallery Hours
Tues - Sat.  Noon - 5 pm or by appointment

Artist : nohkyoung@hotmail.com

Continuum – Female & Line

Ceramic installation by Noh Kyoung Park

In this exhibition, I create the feminine space of reality and metaphor and the pure and fantastic space of nature: I represent both realistic forms and fantastic forms; realistic forms and surreal forms are created for a special and visual space. The forms give the work both concrete and abstract feeling and deals with the ambivalence of realistic and unrealistic form and space at the same time; these female body and Lines represented an expansive world with the viewer able to experience the future, the present, and the past at the same time in the same space. The work exists beyond time and reality.

Artist Statement

In my work, I usually search for beautiful lines in natural spaces for inspiration for my work. When seeing the objects in natural spaces, most people usually perceive them as ordinary forms. However, I have tried to avoid such typical perception about objects. Instead I try to find beautiful lines hidden in natural spaces. In order to do this, I encourage myself to see the hidden, pure, natural objects. After I take inspiration from the concrete existence of pure nature through my artistic intuition and sense, I express my feeling of the conscious and subconscious as I observe the concrete existence of nature and my visual sensory experiences